If you're anything like me, you need music to help you get work done. However, music also has the irresistible ability to distract as much as help. It's a vicious cycle, and I am here to keep that cycle as vicious as ever. An electro-swing band from Paris, France, Caravan Palace is one of the best things in the whole wide world:Read More
If you’re looking for a terrible playlist filled with hits predominantly from the ‘90s, look no further than my top 35 list of horrid music. Enjoy the repetitive monotony of mainstream pop, among other things: 1. “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj. At first, I enjoyed this song. But as it is with all songs that are played on the radio, I began hating it after a month.
2. “Heaven” by DJ Sammy. I simultaneously hate and love this song, and Elin Engkvist knows why.
3. “Pop” by *NSYNC. I just can’t take Justin Timberlake seriously when I picture him with his boy band crew, rocking his bleached, ramen noodle hair.Read More
1. There is a thing known as salad cream, and it is basically mayonnaise. It is always put on the table in addition to mayonnaise. The Irish are all about their mayonnaise. Good thing I like mayonnaise. Not.
2. There are fields everywhere. And in those fields, there are sheep. I am quite sure I saw more sheep than people in Ireland. They are also spray painted, sometimes three different colours, in order to be identified by their owners.
3. Marshmallows are referred to simply as “mallows,” and are smaller, multi-coloured, and more delicious than in America.
4. Wellies are rain boots. I referred to them as “galoshes” and Susan laughed at me.Read More